Friday, 20 May 2011

Mastering The Art Of French Cooking

Problably the whole world, except me, has seen the film 'Julie and Julia'. I've read the book though, does that count as well?... Strolling through the library I found the 'most influential cookbook of American history'; Mastering The Art Of French Cooking, by Julia Childs. I couldn't resist it and took the book home with me. It turns out to be the Fourtieth Anniversary Edition. Julia Childs herself has written an introduction. She declares that everybody can cook the recipes from her book. So I would like to give it a try. She didn't mention dummies though, but we'll see. I know it's all been-there-done-that and it is a far cry from originality, but what the heck. One recipe a week will be my goal. Keep you guys posted!...

No comments:

Post a Comment